Currently, there are about 40 Volunteers that serve as Captain and coordinate the manpower and logistics for a specific functional area of Bike to Cure. Without this group, the event is not possible. Neither wind, nor rain, nor 95 degree temps will keep our Captains from rallying our Volunteer army and executing “the plan” to give our Riders the best experience possible.
Shout out to our Captains – we heart you!
Think you have what it takes to join our Captain Team? Here’s what we’ll ask of you:
- Recruit Volunteers for your functional area. Your friends, your family, your co-workers…it’s fun to volunteer with people you know!
- Attend planning team meetings, roughly 2-4 meetings in the months leading up to Bike to Cure.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Volunteers in your functional area by corresponding with them before, during and after the event.
- Manage your functional area during the event. We’re counting on you to manage your space, but Team VeloSano will equip you with everything you need to know.
- Provide post-event feedback – the only way we can improve!
Whether you want to share your event skills, take a leadership volunteer role, or just want to support our cause, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about becoming a Volunteer Captain – contact us at email@example.com or leave a voice mail at 216.444.6150.