Here are some helpful tools and ideas to consider as you create a fundraising strategy, understanding many of the people you know may be financially impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE AND URL
- Update your Personal Page to reflect your Virtual VeloSano participation activity and fundraising goals. If you are participating in Virtual VeloSano in memory or honor of someone or as part of your own personal journey with cancer, telling a personal story is a way for people to relate to you and our mission.
Survey results show 53% expect to maintain their donation levels in 2020, 31% say they plan to give more. (source: BBB Wise Giving Alliance) People are passionate about finding cures for cancer and want to make a difference.
MAKING THE ASK IN UNPRECEDENTED TIMES.
“Donors are not giving TO you. They’re giving THROUGH you to make something important happen”.
- Email Donors and tell them:
- “Because of you” our researchers are ...
- Discovering new immunotherapies
- Advancing their work to develop revolutionary cancer treatments
- Designing new devices and imaging techniques to improve outcomes
- Share a link to our Impact Report showing where the money goes
- You are working hard for their gift. Engage your donors by asking them to follow you on Strava and pledge a dollar amount (say $1) for every mile you ride in the month of July, plan to ride on July 18 or for your Virtual VeloSano activity weekly, monthly goal.
- It’s ok to acknowledge the economic challenges people may be facing today in your solicitation.
- Every dollars counts yet your donor’s first priority needs to be to support their family’s financial well-being. Acknowledge if they can’t give this year, they may know others who will support you and can share the link to your fundraising page.
- Click here to download and personalize a Fundraising Sample Letter
- Click here to download and personalize a Team Member Recruitment Sample Letter
SAYING THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU GOES A LOOOONG WAY:
Writing or emailing a thank you to your donors is more critical than ever before. There are a lot of “asks” in our communities especially now and their giving to support you and VeloSano is important. Personalize your “thank you” and donors will know how much you appreciate their support.
- Write a thank you using your Rider Dashboard.
- Send your “thank you” via your personal email and attach a picture of you training for or participating in Virtual VeloSano.
- Share great photos showing your Virtual VeloSano activity, unique location and wearing VeloSano gear!
- Include a direct link to your Virtual VeloSano Personal Fundraising page to make donating to you easy
- Make small asks and maybe get bigger results.
- Simple ideas:
- Donate your manicure: If your “new normal” means doing home manicures, consider donating the $20 you are saving to support my VeloSano fundraising efforts, 1OO% funds cancer research at Cleveland Clinic
- Donate your doggie day care savings: Finding comfort in man’s and woman’s best friend while you’re staying-at-home? Donate your doggie day care savings and a scratch behind the ears to support my VeloSano fundraising efforts, 1OO% funds cancer research at Cleveland Clinic
- Donate your haircut: As a result of not being able to get your haircut you realized helmet hair wasn’t so bad after-all. Even if you still need a haircut, please consider donating your haircut funds to support my VeloSano fundraising efforts, 1OO% funds cancer research at Cleveland Clinic
- Donate your daily coffee shop stop: Missing your local barista and daily Cup of Joe but enjoying the savings? Please consider donating one $5 coffee treat you are missing to support my VeloSano fundraising efforts, 1OO% funds cancer research at Cleveland Clinic
Make sure to use our #VirtualVeloSano
FIND YOUR ICE BUCKET!
- Set a goal, create a challenge that includes biking, running, swimming, hiking, spinning, # of pushups, etc!
- Challenge your teammates
- Set up a donation-based challenge
- Design a tiered-level campaign
- Make it personal
- Make it silly & fun
- Additional Group/Team Fundraising Ideas
- It’s still possible to bring people together for a group fundraising event, even if we can’t be together in person.
- Zoom Happy Hours - pay to participate (collect via Venmo or other electronic payment service), incorporate contests (best themed costume), etc.
- Online Poker
- Video Game contests
- Zoom Bingo
- Spirit Week
- Virtual Trivia
For more ideas click here to download our Fundraising Tool Kit
If you receive check donations, please send them in to: VeloSano Headquarters 9500 Euclid Avenue, DVB, Cleveland, OH 44195 with this completed form found here: download and print.
Matching gifts are an easy, effective way to support your fundraising effort and are important contributions! Tell you donors to visit our Employer Matching Gifts Page to see if their employer will match their donation.
Track our Leaderboard of Top 20 Individual and Team Fundraisers highlighted on our homepage!